November DAClete of the Month – Rory Fahy
Rory is the unofficial ring leader of the noon Barbell Club class, and he landed himself a spot as our DAClete of the month for November!
Rory is a Holberton student, a regular attendee of Barbell Club, mobility class, and the fitness center. He basically lives at District, and we wouldn’t want it any other way.
The progress and strength that Rory has earned in the last year is amazing. He listens to his coach’s advice and it has paid dividends in and out of the gym. His coaches and friends agree: he is a great representative of our community at DAC and at District as a whole.
Learn a little more about Rory:
1. How long have you been a member at District Athletic Club?
Ive been at DAC for almost two years.
2. What are some of your fitness goals to accomplish in last part of 2019? How about 2020?
I have cam impingements on both of my hips so my biggest goal is always to strengthen and increase my ROM for long term health
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you’re most proud?
I hit a 405 deadlift at the crossfit throw down which was a PR for me.
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I believe that its technically Thicc Boi Fall at the moment so I am eating as much food as possible to keep growing this power belly. EVERY DAY is cheat day.
5. If you were to choose a workout for the entire DAC to take part in, what would it look like?
6. How do you spend your time when you’re away from DAC?
Im a student at the Holberton School of software engineering right next door so I almost never leave the building.
7. What is one fact that other DAC members may not know about you?
I love chess, hit me up if you wanna get whooped
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at the gym?
When you start lifting regularly it can sometimes feel impossible to motivate yourself to keep coming. Just get past that.