July Male ATOM: Conor Daly
Congrats to our male DAClete of the month: CONOR DALY!
Conor is a total hidden gem at DAC. He is HUMBLE, he is DEDICATED, and most of all, he’s all about COMMUNITY!
Conor shows up to events inside and outside of CrossFit New Haven. He’s constantly supporting and lifting up fellow athletes, and he’s a total dream to coach! No ego here- he’s open-minded and dedicated to improving.
He doesn’t mention this in his answers, but Conor is actually a successful entrepreneur who owns a company called Tideline Customs – check out the awesome projects that he’s designed and built!
Learn a little more about him:
1. How long have you been a member at District Athletic Club?
I joined DAC in December after taking a long break from working out. I’m very excited I dropped in! I haven’t looked back since.
2. What are some of your fitness goals to accomplish in 2019?
In 2019 I would love to get stronger in the snatch position and gain more confidence in my gymnastics. Those are my main weaknesses (not including the countless others).
3. What are some of your recent accomplishments of which you’re most proud?
I have been stagnant at (1) strict handstand push up for some time now. I was happy to get not only (1 but 3) in a row the last time it was programmed.
4. Do you adhere to any form of daily/weekly diet regimen to power your workouts? What does your dream cheat meal/day look like?
I eat a very balanced diet. Im a believer in too much of one thing isn’t good.
Cheat Meal: tall cold IPA, 2 lb Lobster and corn on the cob “I think I cheat once a weak”
5. If you were to choose a workout for the entire DAC community to complete, what would it be?
14 Minute AMRAP:
– 10 Power Cleans
– 9 push ups
– 8 Bar facing Burpees
– 200m run
6. How do you spend your time when you’re away from DAC
I love to be on the ocean, wether its boating, beaching, fishing or surfing! Nature is my hobby!
7. What is one fact that other DAC members may not know about you?
I have an artistic side, where I love to design/draw/create things. Im overly obsessed with landscapes and natural beauty.
8. Do you have any motivational thoughts or suggestions to folks just getting started at the gym?
When you can no longer do another rep, that is the most important time to get the extra one! That is a pain threshold asking to be broken. Have fun!