DAC’s Nutrition Program
We could all use a little help.
Nutrition has a huge impact on our well-being, and is connected to just about every aspect of our lives. It’s true that we need food to fuel our bodies, but it goes so much deeper than that.
Most of our decisions surrounding food are made with little thought, but everything that we consume has the ability to shape our health and impact our body composition. Our nutrition gives us energy for necessary bodily functions, it gives us nutrients for optimal health, and it allows us to reach our performance and aesthetic goals. To live in “good health” is to have good nutrition.
Considering how essential nutrition is, it makes you wonder why it’s something that most people struggle with. Why is it that even most healthcare professionals are not taught the ins and outs of proper nutrition? To make matters worse, for those people who are ready to take the next steps into gaining control of their health through nutrition, there is an incredible amount of misinformation floating around. The norm for dieting is heavy restriction and elimination, but there is no need for this to be the case. Good nutrition doesn’t mean rigid rules and sacrifice, it means finding a balance that allows you to live a happy, healthy life.
We live in the age of convenience and instant gratification, which has created a real problem for nutrition. No matter what the magazine cover says, you can’t impact your health in 7 days, and you certainly shouldn’t be dropping 10lbs in that amount of time. If you truly want to make lasting changes to your health, performance and body composition, then you need to find a long-term, sustainable solution. You’ll need to put a little extra effort and energy into making changes happen every day.
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition – our goal is to create a healthy, flexible and sustainable lifestyle. For those who are embarking on a brand new nutrition journey, the focus will be on small changes over time, education and habit-replacement. For more advanced clients, the focus will be on fine-tuning skills and reaching goals through more precise calorie and macronutrient tracking, as well as recovery and supplementation.
We’ve developed a program with a goal to help individuals navigate food and fitness, by building new habits and skills to reach their personal goals and to discover how attainable a healthy, balanced lifestyle is:
What to expect in the first 3 months:
- Developing a positive relationship with food (understanding what you should be consuming and why)
- Identifying and becoming aware of food behaviors (triggers, cravings, mindless eating, etc)
- Learn about your food environment and how it effects your eating habits
- Learning the ins and outs of daily food tracking
- Paying attention to proper hydration, sleep and stress
- Developing habits surrounding meal prep and meal-planning strategies throughout the week
After 3 months [& advanced clients]:
- Fine-tuning your macros to fit your goals [performance, fat loss, muscle gain, etc]
- Focusing on recovery as part of a daily and weekly routine
- Making changes to eating schedule, if it’s applicable
- Supplement suggestions
- More detailed approach to tracking food and water
Accountability & tools for measure:
- Weekly check-ins with weight and feedback document
- Bi-weekly measurements and photos
- Body composition tests
- Progress with the following:
- Navigating processed foods and whole food intake
- Reaching macro/micronutrient goals
- Drinking enough water daily
- Eating tendencies (mindful eating, paying attention to hunger cues)
- Consistency and emotional eating
- Exercise goals
- Recovery skills
- Meal prep and cooking skills
- Mindset around dieting
- $120 per month [3 month commitment]
- Includes 2 Bodpod [body composition] tests ($150 value)
- After 3 months, $75 per month [no commitment]
Email email@example.com to schedule your complimentary assessment!